- About Us
- Outreach & Engagement
- Publications & Videos
- Sea Grant People
Meet the Scholars
Current and recent Scholars
Today's graduate and undergraduate students are tomorrow's scientists, resource managers and marine policy makers. On the voyage to their futures, many seek both enriching experiences and financial support. We are happy to help.
In its 40-year history, Oregon Sea Grant has provided mentoring, training, hands-on educational experience - and funding - to thousands of students in marine science-related fields. The experience we offer takes the form of graduate and undergraduate research assistantships, special research and public policy scholarships, and fellowships and internships in Oregon and in Washington, D.C.
Follow the links below to learn about recent Sea Grant Scholars - and visit our Sea Grant Scholars blog to read about their experiences in their own words.
- National Marine Fisheries Service Fellowship in Population Dynamics
- Susan Piacenza (2012-2015)
- Neil Richmond Award
- John D. Knauss Marine Policy Fellows
- The Robert E. Malouf Marine Studies Scholarship
- The Oregon Sea Grant Legislative Fellow
- The West Coast Sea Grant Fellowship (2011)
In 2011 Sea Grant programs in Oregon, California and Washington teamed to place four highly qualified young professionals in a new West Coast Sea Grant Fellowship to support regional research and information needs and advance elements of the West Coast Governors’ Agreement on Ocean Health. Read below for more information on the two fellows with Oregon ties.
- NOAA Coastal Services Center Fellow
- Sea Grant Summer Scholars, 2012
- Sea Grant Summer Scholars, 2011