- About Us
- Outreach & Engagement
- Publications & Videos
- Sea Grant People
- Blogs and Social Media
Come help revisit and re-imagine STEM education along the Oregon coast! The vitality of our coastal communities and our state depends on our collective willingness to work together to power student success in STEM. This April and May, the Oregon Coast STEM Hub will be holding a series of meetings along the coast designed to engage coastal community members in regional STEM education efforts.
STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) is a game-changer for our students, our communities and our state. STEM learning focuses on the interconnected content areas of science, technology, engineering and math, and recognizes the importance of inquiry, investigation, and innovation to activate our economy and advance our communities. We need our future leaders -- today's learners -- to have the hands-on, real-world experiences that will help them develop the skills required to drive and thrive in a strong, information-age economy.
The Oregon Coast STEM Hub serves the entire Oregon coast, from Astoria to Brookings. It is one of 11 regional STEM Hubs in Oregon funded by the Oregon Department of Education. Headquartered at Oregon State University's Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, the Oregon Coast STEM Hub brings together families, K-12 educators, career technical education partners, higher-education institutions, community-based organizations and industry professionals to promote in-school and out-of-school STEM experiences that ignite students' passions and interests.
Join us! Community meetings are scheduled for 5:00 to 7:30 pm, with a pizza and salad dinner included. Please choose the location and date best for you, and RSVP at http://tinyurl.com/OCSH-Meeting
1. LINCOLN County - April 18: Newport Recreation Center, 225 SE Avery St in Newport; local contact: OregonCoastSTEM@oregonstate.edu
2. CLATSOP County - April 25: Clatsop Community College, Columbia Hall 209, 1651 Lexington Ave in Astoria; local contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. CURRY County – May 1: Pacific High School library, 45525 Highway 101 in Sixes; local contact: email@example.com
4. COOS County - May 10: South Coast Education Service District Office, 1350 Teakwood Ave in Coos Bay; local contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. TILLAMOOK County - May 15: Tillamook Bay Community College, 4301 3rd St in Tillamook; local contact: email@example.com
For more information, contact Stacia Fletcher at 541-867-0238, or email OregonCoastSTEM@oregonstate.edu